A Detailed Roadmap to Perform Rockspace WiFi Extender Setup
Users who want to access a high-speed internet connection in their houses know the importance of installing a Rockspace extender. They are well aware of the fact that it is a Rockspace range extender that will amplify the wireless signals of the existing gateway to convert internet dead zones of the house into fun zones. But, what they don’t know is, how to do Rockspace WiFi extender setup.
Are you also new to the world of range extenders brought in by Rockspace and are looking for instructions to set your device up? If you’ve answered the question in yes, then congratulations! Firstly, for your decision of performing Rockspace extender setup, and secondly for getting redirected to the correct post by Google. This post consists of everything you need to know in order to perform Rockspace extender setup. But, before you get down to the setup instructions, grab a bowl of popcorn and learn about the various features housed by this superb WiFi range extender. In other words, we will shed some light on the benefits of doing Rockspace extender setup.
Perks of Doing Rockspace WiFi Extender Setup
After completing the installation process of your Rockspace WiFi range extender, you will be benefitted in the following ways:
- Elimination of internet dead zones
- Dual-band WiFi connection
- Fastest internet connection on devices supporting wired connectivity
- Internet accessibility on numerous WiFi devices
- The compact design of the range extender will be an-on to the aesthetics of your house
So, these were the benefits of doing Rockspace WiFi extender setup. Now, the time has come that you start preparing for the extender setup procedure. Fulfilling the basic requirements is the first chapter of installing a networking device. Given in the next section are the prerequisites that will help you to kick-start the Rockspace extender setup process.
Prerequisites for Rockspace Extender Setup
- An already configured wireless router
- The default password, username, and web address of your wireless extender
- A pair of Ethernet cables [in case the first one denies to work, you can use the second]
- And, of course, your Rockspace range extender
Once you get your hands on the aforementioned factors, you can move to the next chapter of the process. Walk through the next section to learn the detailed setup procedure of your networking device.
Rockspace WiFi Extender Setup Instructions
This is to inform you that the setup instructions mentioned below need to be executed in the exact order they are written. However, if you need personalized assistance with the setup procedure, you can contact our tech support team.
- First of all, unbox your Rockspace extender and assign it a fair location [a zero interference zone].
- After that, connect it to a power socket offering adequate electricity and push the Power button.
- The moment the LED lights on your range extender start glowing, consider connecting it to the host router using an Ethernet cable.
- Gain access to your computer and load a web browser like Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Apple Safari, etc.
- The next thing you need to do is to enter the default Rockspace WiFi extender setup web address into the URL bar of the browser.
- Pressing the Enter key will take you to the page prompting you to enter the extender’s admin details. FYI, it is the Rockspace extender login page.
- So, do as required and hit the Log In button to unlock the Rockspace extender setup wizard.
- Now, all you need to do is, walk through the on-screen prompts to finish the installation process.
Critical Success Factors for Rockspace Extender Setup
- Before everything else, ensure that you have not placed your range extender away from the main router. It will make it difficult for them to communicate effectively.
- Do you remember we asked you to keep a pair of Ethernet cables? So, do not hesitate to rope in the second Ethernet cable if the first one is not serving you properly.
- There should not be any infected file present on the PC chosen for doing the Rockspace WiFi extender setup process. You can get rid of it via antivirus software in case there is any.
- You must enter the default information of your range extender correctly. Additionally, avoid entering them into the wrong fields.
- Do not make the mistake of skipping the instructions appearing on the Rockspace extender setup wizard. They are crucial and need to be followed very carefully.
What to Do After Rockspace WiFi Extender Setup?
After considering the aforementioned factors, there’s nothing that will stop you from completing the setup process of your Rockspace extender. However, you’ve got a lot of things to do following Rockspace WiFi extender setup. Here’s what needs to be done after installing the range extender:
- Rockspace extender default password change
- Firmware update
- Hide the SSID of the range extender
- Change the extender’s WiFi password
To get the aforementioned things done, consider referring to the user manual that you’ve received with the range extender. It consists of all information about your extender. However, you can also get in touch with our experts to know the simplified process. For your information, they are available round the clock to help users who have done Rockspace WiFi extender setup.