How to Connect Rock Space WiFi Extender to a New Router?
Recently, a Rockspace extender user approached our experts stating that he has replaced his existing router. But, he has no idea about how to connect Rock space WiFi extender to a new router. Our experts helped him out very beautifully. However, they started receiving many queries regarding the same. Considering this fact, we’ve penned down this post. Here, we’ve highlighted everything that you must know to establish a connection between your WiFi devices so that the extender can resume its job of blanketing the dead zones with a high-speed internet connection. Continue reading.
Before You Connect Rock Space WiFi Extender to Router
Since your Rock Space WiFi extender was amplifying the signals of the older router, it might be running on the settings that support the older router’s configuration. Therefore, before learning how to connect Rock Space WiFi extender to a new router, you are supposed to erase the settings that made it possible for the extender to modify the older router’s signals. Here’s what you need to do:
- Ensure that your WiFi extender is receiving sufficient power supply from the wall outlet.
- Now, look for the Reset button on the Rock Space wireless range extender.
- Found? Good! Now, press it very carefully.
Ta-da! Every setting that belongs to your previous WiFi router has now been erased from your Rockspace extender. It means your extender is ready to be in connection with the new router. You can also conclude that you need to perform Rockspace WiFi extender setup with the new router to create a connection between them.
How to Connect Rock Space WiFi Extender [Methods]
Now, you might have gotten an idea that you need to go ahead with the Rockspace setup again as you did after you purchase it. But, do you remember how? No? Well, know that you can connect your Rock Space extender to the router via two methods:
1. Manual Method: The manual method of creating a connection between the Rockspace extender and router requires the use of the Ethernet cable. However, you are free to use a wireless source once the extender is able to amplify the router’s signals.
2. WPS Method: While connecting your Rock Space extender to a new router via the WPS method, you don’t need to fetch an Ethernet cable. All you are supposed to do is push the button of the same label on both WiFi devices.
The next sections talk in detail about how to connect Rock Space WiFi extender to a new router. However, if you are not in the mood of reading and need personalized help connecting your devices, ping our experts via email.
How to Connect Rock Space WiFi Extender | Manual Method
- Switch on your newly purchased router and the Rock Space wireless range extender.
- Now, gain access to an Ethernet cable and insert its ends into the ports of your networking devices.
- Thereafter, load an internet browser like Chrome or Safari and access re.rockspace.local.
- Input the default login details of the range extender. FYI, your Rock Space WiFi extender is operating in the default factory mode now.
- Selecting the Log In button will take you to the dashboard of the extender where you can make changes as per your wish and apply them.
Once you click the Save button after making all the necessary changes, the Rock Space extender will be able to amplify the router’s signal. It means the connection between the extender and router is successful. Now, you can discard the Ethernet cable if you are comfortable using a wireless connection.
How to Connect RockSpace WiFi Extender | WPS Method
The previous section focused on connecting the devices via the manual method, this method will help you do it with the help of two buttons only. Refer to the instructions given below to become familiar with how to connect Rock Space WiFi extender to the router via the WPS method:
- Place both WiFi devices [extender and router] in close proximity and power them up.
- Find and push the WPS button on your Rock Space extender.
- Repeat the previous step with the new router.
- Your WiFi devices are connected successfully.
The Concluding Thought
Wasn’t learning how to connect Rock Space WiFi extender to the new router easy? Well, let us tell you a secret! The WPS button located on the extender can also help you access the internet on those devices that support WPS key configuration. Just in case you want to know more about the same, consider contacting our experts. No matter whether you are facing Rockspace extender setup issues or need some other help regarding extenders, a helping hand is what they have to offer.