How to Setup Rockspace Local Extender Mesh WiFi System?
Need instructions on how to setup Rockspace local extender mesh WiFi system? If yes, then this blog post can be of great help to you. Over here, we have provided one of the easiest methods to install Rockspace local extender mesh WiFi system following which you will be able to install the extender right from the comfort of your home. Continue reading!
Instructions to Setup Rockspace local extender Mesh WiFi System
The step-by-step instructions on how to setup Rockspace local extender mesh WiFi system using manual method are outlined underneath:
Install the RS Wi-Fi App
First things first, you need to download the RS Wi-Fi App on your Smartphone. How? Simply search for “RS Wi-Fi App” (without quotes) in App Store or Google Play Store, or by scanning the QR code.
Set up the Primary Mesh Mode
Now, you need to set up the primary mesh node.
The first node you set up functions as the primary node. Whereas, the rest areas the secondary nodes. Here are the complete instructions to set up the nodes:
- First things first, you need to power off your internet modem. Take out its battery after that (if included).
- Then, grab an Ethernet cable. Once you have it, connect one end of the Ethernet cable into the LAN port of your internet modem and other end of any node.
This node is the primary node.
Now, you need to reinstall its (the modem’s) battery and power it on.
- After powering on your modem, use the power cable (included) to connect the primary node to a working electrical power source. Thereafter, upon connecting the primary node to the electrical power socket, its indicator lights will start blinking green rapidly.
Wait for about one minute.
The system will complete the start-up process now as the LED indicator has started blinking green.
Set Up the Primary Node to Access the Internet
Given below are the instructions that will help you set up the primary node for stable internet access:
- First of all, navigate to the WiFi network list on your computer, laptop, or mobile device.
- Select the SSID (network name) of the primary node, and enter the password.
- Open the RS WI-FI App now and follow to the on-screen instruction in the exact given order to set up the primary node without hindrance.
As soon as the primary node is connected to the internet, its LED indicator will become solid green.
Setup the Primary Node on RS WiFi App
- Right off the bat, run the RS Wi-Fi app.
- Locate and click/ tap on “Add device” option.
- The QR code scanning page will be displayed.
- On the left side below, select “Add manually”.
Now, the mesh node will connect to the WiFi network. Load up the RS WiFi app once again. On the off chance, the displayed page shows up the scanning one, click or tap on the name of network (SSID) on the upper side of the page and thereafter, return to the home/ first page of the RS WiFi app.
Do not scan for the second time.
- Thus, the setup wizard will appear. Follow the on-screen instructions and click/ tap on “Setup” (without quotes).
- Set the wireless network name and password of the mesh unit and tap “OK”.
- The RS WiFi app will automatically detects the type of internet connection you have. Reaching here, enter information accordingly to your internet connection type. And, once you are done, tap or click Next.
- The mesh unit is now connected to the internet connection and the RS WiFi app will proceed to the next step.
- When the mesh unit and the RS WiFi app is connected successfully, it says” Connected”.
When the indicator of the mesh unit turns solid green, it is connected to the internet.
Connect the Secondary Nodes to the Internet on RS WiFi APP
- Place each node in an elevated, open position within the range and reach of your existing RS WiFi network.
- Using the other power adapter (s) connect the remaining secondary nodes to separate power sources (working). Their LED light will become solid green.
- Wait for about 30-40 seconds. The secondary node will connect to another node when its LED indicator blinks green rapidly.
- Once the primary node has been configured successfully, the RS WiFi app will explain how to set up the other nodes in an easy manner.
- Click or tap “OK” to view all the utmost steps.
- Observe the LED indicators of the secondary nodes until their LED indicators light one of the following colors:
Solid Yellow: fair Connection
Solid Red: Poor Connection/ disconnected
On the off chance, the LED Indicator of a node does not light solid green, relocate it according to a better location for fair connection.
You are Done!
If you want to access the internet with:
Wired devices: Connect wired devices to the LAN ports of any node using an Ethernet cable.
Wireless devices: Connect wireless devices to the WiFi network using the SSID and the WiFi password you customized.
In this manner, you can setup Rockspace local extender mesh WiFi system.
You can also add Rockspace WiFi extender to the mesh system to get unbeatable and uninterrupted internet speed to access everywhere in your house. Just perform Rockspace extender setup, add it to your mesh system and see the difference.
Our blog post on how to setup Rockspace local extender mesh WiFi system ends here. We really anticipate that the information we have provided here was helpful. If you are able to set up the mesh system and add a Rockspace extender (after configuration), nothing can stop you from having access to super-speedy internet without signal drop on your connected devices.