In-Depth Guide on Rock Space WiFi Extender Setup Instructions
Extend the existing network range in your home by installing a Rockspace WiFi range extender. A range extender simply repeats the existing signals further so that you get WiFi in areas with no or poor network. Are you looking for Rock Space WiFi extender setup instructions? Your search ends here. Although the setup steps can be found in the user guide of your extender, users still face issues comprehending the process. Keeping such users in mind, we have penned down this post with easy-to-understand guidelines for the Rockspace WiFi extender setup.
Besides, you will find some quick tips that will help you avoid any setup issues beforehand.
Rock Space WiFi Extender Setup Instructions
Before You Begin:
- Make sure that the Rockspace extender is running on the factory settings. In case it is a brand-new extender, then, of course, it has the default settings running on it. However, if it is an old extender, then be sure that it is reset properly. You can reset it once again. This is an essential step since most users can’t set up their extenders as the device is not reset properly.
- You should have a host router that is already set up. Or there ought to be a DSL connection. You should power down the router for some time now.
- Have the login details of your Rockspace extender like the URL, admin password etc. handy.
- You need to have one or two Ethernet cables to connect the devices.
- Finally, see to it that you have a stable internet connection and a non-fluctuating power supply.
Once you are done taking care of all the above mentioned things or the prerequisites, you can go to the next section that comprises the step-by-step instructions for Rock Space WiFi extender setup.
How to Install Rock Space Wireless Extender?
Step 1: Get hold of an Ethernet (RJ 450) cable and use it to connect the Rockspace extender’s Internet port and the LAN port of the router.
Step 2: Supply power to the extender by plugging it in. Also, switch on the router now.
Step 3: Get your computer or laptop connected to the extender’s WiFi.
Pro Tip: The SSID or the network name of the Rockspace extender is Rockspace_Ext. You need to find this network on your device’s WiFi list and connect to it.
Step 4: Use a search engine that is updated to the latest version to visit the Rockspace WiFi extender setup page. You need to use the URL re.rockspace.local or the IP address 192.168.0.254 in the URL bar of the browser to access the setup page.
Expert Advice: Use a supported browser and clear its cache and cookies in advance and avoid any issues.
Step 5: On the setup page, you will be prompted to assign an admin password to the Rockspace account. You will use this password to access the admin portal or the admin dashboard of your Rockspace extender in the future.
Step 6: You will see a list of networks on your screen next. Select the one that you want to extend. You should choose the router’s network that you wish to repeat using your Rockspace extender.
Also, enter the WiFi password of the same network.
Step 7: Now, you will see the WiFi names of both WiFi bands (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) on your screen. Click Connect. Wait till you see a prompt “Extended successfully.”
There you go! You have successfully installed your extender using the Rockspace WiFi extender setup instructions provided in this guide. You can now connect your devices to the extender’s network. You can now use your WiFi extender for gaming, browsing, playing music and whatnot.
To Briefly Conclude
This brings an end to our helpful post that covered Rock Space WiFi extender setup instructions. You should now move your extender to a new place. The place that you choose must be within the boundary line of your router. You can choose to let the router and extender connect using a cable or let them connect wirelessly. Choose the new location wisely and enjoy the extender’s WiFi.