How to Set Up Rockspace WiFi Extender?
Don’t you know the instructions to set up a Rockspace WiFi extender? Well, you can complete the Rockspace WiFi extender setup process using two different approaches. Here, you will get acquainted with the complete steps involved in both the setup approaches i.e. the Manual method and the WPS method.
What is Rockspace WiFi Extender Manual?
Before you start doing anything to install the Rockspace extender, we would like to tell a little about the Rockspace WiFi extender manual. If we try to sum it up in easy words, then the Rockspace manual is a booklet or a guide that consists of the Rockspace extender setup instructions plus the default values (web address, IP, SSID, and password). There, you will also find the status of the colors flashed by the LED lights of the extender along with the messages conveyed. Furthermore, the user manual/guide also consists of some troubleshooting techniques in case you fail to install the extender.
Rockspace WiFi Extender Setup via Manual Method
The manual method of setting up the Rockspace WiFi extender needs the assessment of the default IP address i.e. 192.168.0.254. You can also check the correct value from the Rockspace WiFi extender manual. To know complete instructions, read below:
- Hardwire your Rockspace extender to your main router.
- Power up the router and then your Rockspace device.
- Thereafter, connect your computer to the Rockspace_ext network.
- Once done, open a web browser and access the login IP address.
- You will be asked to assign the login (admin) password (5-32) characters long.
- Navigate to the next page by selecting Next.
- Now, you are supposed to select the network that you want to extend.
- Choose the one that belongs to your home network.
- Save the changes and follow a few on-screen instructions.
How to Set Up Rockspace WiFi Extender via WPS?
You might be lucky if your home router is WPS authorized. The reason being, using the WPS method will prevent all your hassle to access the Rockspace extenders setup IP and following the prompts. The setup can be completed with the push of buttons only. Read these points to learn how:
- Bring your Rockspace device into the room where you have placed the router.
- Switch on your devices (first router, then extender).
- Now, you are advised to look for the WPS button on the extender and press it.
- Follow the same approach for your main router too.
- As soon as the 2.4 GHz LED light on your extender lights up, you are supposed to press the WPS button once again.
- Wait for the 5 GHz LED to light up.
- The setup process is completed.
Troubleshooting Rock Space WiFi Extender Setup Issues
There is a possibility that you will fail to install your WiFi extender in one go. You need not fret in such a situation. Instead, give a shot at the following tips to achieve the setup success.
- Be very sure that your router and Rock Space extender are placed in the same room.
- Your devices must be getting an uninterrupted power supply throughout the process.
- No WiFi interference-creating factor should be present near your extender and router.
- The main router should be flashing the latest firmware version.
Rockspace Extender Setup – Frequently Asked Questions
A. If your WPS-supported router lacks the physical WPS button, we suggest you log in to your main router and locate the WPS option under the Settings. Click the option after pressing the WPS button on your Rock Space extender to complete the setup. Otherwise, go with the manual approach.
A. The first reason might be a typing error in the IP address. On the other hand, the second reason is that your home router has assigned a different IP to the extender. To know about the same, log in to the router and check connected devices. Take notes of that particular IP and use it for setting up the range extender.
A. There is no such default password for Rockspace extender. If you are setting up the extender, you will get an option to assign an admin password. Be sure that you give it a unique one.
A. It is because you have not connected it to a working power outlet. Try connecting your Rock Space extender to another wall outlet. To ensure stable power supply during power outages, use a UPS.
A. You can reset the Rockspace extender by pressing the Reset button with the help of a paper clip or a similar object. Keep the button pressed for 7 seconds or more for the successful execution of the process.
Our Recent Posts
Are you unable to do Rockspace extender via re.rockspace.local? If yes, then do not worry. 99.99 percent o...
Whether you want to perform Rockspace extender setup or update its firmware, logging in to it using re.roc...